Cleaning out the refridgerator doesn’t have to be so time consuming and messy. Following some simple maintenance tasks and doing a quick monthly cleaning will help you keep your refridgerator in top shape.
Quick Refrigerator Cleaning Tips
Isn’t it time you cleaned out the fridge? You’ve waited long enough, let’s get to it now! Now that you’ve made the decision and have the time and initiative, here are some tips for you:
* Clear out the refridgerator, everything must go.
* Check the dates on everything and throw out everything that is beyond the expiry date.
* Remove the vegetable bins and clean them out.
* A sponge or wet cloth is a great thing to use to wipe off the shelves and racks. If you need a cleaning agent try using baking soda.
* Sprinkle a little baking soda in the vegetable bins and return them.
* Put all the items you’ve removed back into the fridge.
* Also place an open box of baking soda on the top shelf of your refridgeraton to keep the odors in there fresh.
* Now focus on the outside of the refridgerator, clean the top and the door.
Now you’re done! That wasn’t too hard was it? Well if you’ve been doing this monthly then it likely took you no time at all. On the other hand if you haven’t done this in a long time then it will likely take you much longer to have a sparkling clean fridge.
Once you have done a big cleaning then you can maintain a very clean fridge by following some or all of the same tasks.
* Place tin foil under your milk cartons to prevent spilling, or use milk jugs.
* Store your leftovers in plastic containers.
* Replace the baking soda box every three months.
* Read the manufacturers directions and keep the temperature at the recommended level.
* Try not to have more than two of the same item stored in your refridgerator. Do a check before you go shopping and make sure you don’t buy things you don’t need or already have.
* Store vegetables in zip lock baggies.
* Allow your freezer to defrost once a month. You can also store a box of baking soda in here too.
Follow these tips and the next time you clean your fridge it won’t be nearly as large and messy a chore as it once was.