1. Make your house come “alive” with silk flowers, plants and trees. Fill a pretty glass vase for a colorful centerpiece or fill an empty corner with a rustic birch tree.
2. In my kitchen as an alternative to expensive wallpaper borders, I use inexpensive grapevine garlands. I used four garlands and ran them all along the top of the walls. Quick, easy, inexpensive and the effect is great!
3. For an inexpensive wall grouping, find a calendar with beautiful scenic pics or flowers or animals, whatever fits your decor. Put 4, 6 ,8 or more of these pics in some nice frames and group them together on a wall. The effect is surprisingly pretty!
4. Find some colored bottles, jars, etc. you might have lying around or scout garage sales. Fill these bottles with polished stones, colored beads, seashells, or anything else you like and arrange them on a table or shelf. Use different shapes and sizes for a more dramatic effect.
5. Go wild with baskets. Baskets come in many sizes, styles and colors and can be used for extra storage in any room. Use them in the bathroom for cosmetics, toiletries, towels, etc. In the kitchen they can hold utensils, recipes, or food items. Try them for magazines, books, or movies in the living room or bedroom. In the kids’ room they make great places for toys, books, video games. The possibilities are endless!
6. One thing I would recommend for any home is candles. Candles are an inexpensive way to lighten, brighten and enhance any room in your home. Candles come in a variety of colors, shapes, sizes and scents. You can create a cozy, relaxing mood or you can spice it up and energize your mind and soul. Candles are much more than a decoration!
7. Arrange a grouping of family photos on a table or wall. This is one of the best ways to warm your home. Use frames in different sizes and styles to make the grouping more unique and interesting.
8. For organization, buy plastic storage tubs/boxes in pretty colors. Use them to store and organize your linen, toys, off-season clothes, memoirs, etc. Stack them in a corner for a pretty look.
9. Decorate an old wooden bench or trunk. Put a decorative pillow or cushion on it and place it by a window for an instant window seat!
10. Use your imagination! Anything and everything can be used for home decorating if you are creative with it!
Find lots more tips, articles, and resources for your home, family & business at www.SeymourProducts.com Terri and her husband Terry also offer a low-cost, wholesale distributorship with unlimited support, and a complete line of one dollar ebooks and software with full resell rights. http://www.seymourproducts.com/ebooks-resell